Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome Autumn

It's been a while since I've written, I know. I had to prepare for our out-of-town guests, then enjoy their company, then recover from all of the fun.

Well, now I'm back to life, back to reality. I am editing a book for my brother-in-law. That is work that I really enjoy. I've always loved reading, writing and editing and have been helping my brother-in-law with his books since the early 1960's.

I've been keeping up with the gym and my transformer water fitness class. Before this Labor Day weekend I had lost a couple of pounds but I'm sure I fixed that. I will not complain, though. It was a weekend of great food and fellowship.

As I sat on the back porch this morning sipping a delicious cup of Hazelnut Cinnamon coffee and listening to the birds, I took note that there was a chill in the air and the special purple-like tint to the sky that trumpets my favorite time of the year. Autumn is right around the corner and I'm happy. With it comes cooler temperatures, warm sweaters and socks, Starbuck's gingerbread loaf and gingerbread lattes and the return of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters and, I hope, some word about whether we'll see any more episodes of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency on HBO.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

When entering your comments, Select Name/URL or Anonymous in the "Comment As" box.

If you use Name/URL, enter your name and your email in the URL box if you'd like a reply. If you don't care to leave your email enter anything in the URL box but it must be completed.

If you use Anonymous, end the comment with your name so that I'll be able to address you if you need a response. Thanks