Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Feel Good


All right it's Sunday evening. I've had a good day. I had a two-hour massage this afternoon and I really needed that. Massages are no longer a luxury--they are therapuetic for me. They help my achy back and neck.

I also hoped that it would lower my blood pressure to within the normal range. Drum roll please!!! 131/77. Not my usual but better than this morning. So perhaps it's not possible to change what's been happening for 3 weeks, in one day. Fancy that!!

Well, I'll keep working on it, doing what I know are the right things and the numbers will come down. I know they will.

The massage was just wonderful - I was carrying so much stress in so many areas of my body. I feel so much better, it's amazing. The massage therapist thought that the tightness in my neck could be contributing to the increased blood pressure readings. You never know--Everything's connected.

I will end the day by doing some gentle yoga, aromatherapy and spiritual reading. That should be a great preface to a good night's sleep.

Begin with the end in mind: A healthier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

When entering your comments, Select Name/URL or Anonymous in the "Comment As" box.

If you use Name/URL, enter your name and your email in the URL box if you'd like a reply. If you don't care to leave your email enter anything in the URL box but it must be completed.

If you use Anonymous, end the comment with your name so that I'll be able to address you if you need a response. Thanks