Monday, August 10, 2009

It Was A Good Day

Up this morning at 6:30 am. 1/2 hour of yoga followed by coffee and breakfast on the back porch. At 8:00 am, Ted and I set out for the gym. I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill and then took an hour water fitness class. Whew!!! That's a lot for one morning. My blood pressure this morning was 126/80--going in the right direction. I was happy.

I feel better and more alive. Of course I'll probably feel a bit sore tomorrow, but that comes with the territory.

An appointment with the chiropractor at 3:00 pm this afternoon, followed by making a Chinese chicken salad for dinner. Ted and I will either take a walk in the evening or a bike ride around the development.

There, that's how you do it!!!!

I liked being able to witness the sun rising. It is a beautiful time of the day. Even though I like this part of the day, I am definitely a night owl. I like staying up late puttering and getting up late in the morning. I remember saying that when I retired I was going to revert to who I really was (late to bed/late to rise), but somehow you lose the essence of the day when that happens so I'm struggling with this issue. When I get up late, I've missed a good opportunity to work out because it is so flaming hot here in the summer you can barely breathe, much less walk outside after 10:00 am.

Oh, meant to add that I will be enjoying a double scoop of Baskin Robbin's Cherries Jubilee (my alltime favorite flavor). After all, I promised myself that I would not get crazy about this healthy thing. One day at a time, that's my motto

Oh well, I guess life is full of compromises.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

When entering your comments, Select Name/URL or Anonymous in the "Comment As" box.

If you use Name/URL, enter your name and your email in the URL box if you'd like a reply. If you don't care to leave your email enter anything in the URL box but it must be completed.

If you use Anonymous, end the comment with your name so that I'll be able to address you if you need a response. Thanks