Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Hot Day In The Life of a Retired Woman

I ate breakfast this morning. I know, big whup! I thought it really important after reading my Real Age report to tackle something that I really could handle, so I started my day off with a bowl of Kashi (Ted calls my delicious cereal, twigs), a bannana and soy milk. Then I had my obligatory 2 cups of coffee.


Quite frankly, I didn't feel any different, but I'm doing what I know is right for my body and sometimes you don't see a change right away. Sometimes it takes a week or two, so I'll just have to keep it up. If I keep it up and it becomes a habit, at least when I retake the test in 90 days, that will be one question that I can answer differently.


I ran some errands today and tried to get back into the house as quickly as possible. It was at least 90 degrees today with 90 percent humidity. Absolutely awful. This afternoon I've been cloistered in my scrapbooking room getting ready for a scrapbooking class tonight. I finally found a person who conducts classes and lives about 5 minutes away from me. If it wasn't for the scrapbooking paraphernalia that I have to lug, I could walk it.


I'm really looking foward to getting some new ideas. I have no problem scrapbooking alone but you get all sorts of inspiration and new ideas from others, so I really like to go to a class every once in a while.

I've found the local scrapbooking store and I'm on their mailing list. I notice that they do all day crops (that's what we call a day of scrapbooking) and they also do weekends away devoted to scrapbooking. Be still my heart!!! Just think, a full weekend where, if you want, you can stay in your pajamas and just work on your scrapbooks for hours uninterrupted. Sounds like heaven to me.

I started scrapbooking in 1998 after Ted and I went on a cruise to Jamaica. Since then I've completed 20 scrapbooks. I still haven't caught up with all of the pictures that Ted takes but I'm making good progress. With more time on my hands, completing my remaining projects should not be an issue.

I love to look through my scrapbooks. I have 5 volumes of our travels, 2 volumes all about me, 3 volumes of our grandchildren, 1 volume for each of our 2 children, 1 volume of my son's wedding, 1 Christmas album, 3 volumes of New York pictures, 1 volume of all my scrapbooking trips and events, 1 volume of our trip from California to North Carolina, and 1 volume on work. I remember saying to Ted one day "These scrapbooks will come in handy one day, Ted, when we've lost most of our memories, we can just open these books and see what we've done in our lives".

So, I continue to document our lives so that generations to come will know who we were and what was important to us.

By the way the "hot day" in the title of this post refers to the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

When entering your comments, Select Name/URL or Anonymous in the "Comment As" box.

If you use Name/URL, enter your name and your email in the URL box if you'd like a reply. If you don't care to leave your email enter anything in the URL box but it must be completed.

If you use Anonymous, end the comment with your name so that I'll be able to address you if you need a response. Thanks